Saturday, April 26, 2008

The first in many

Hello poker players. This is Grouse14 coming at you for the first time. I have decided to create a blog after I have been reading all of the other poker blogs out there. I have been a long time reader of as many poker blogs as I can in a day. I must say that I am not a very good writer, but I do think that I have learned a lot from the rest of the poker bloggers out there. Hopefully I can contribute to the comunity as I have been playing poker for as long as I can remember.

A little bit about myself:

I am 30 years old and reside outside of Minneapolis Minnesota. I have played poker for as long as I can remember, seriously. Poker used to be a very important part of my life. So much that a few years ago I contumplaterd the idea of quiting my job and moving to Las Vegas with my cousin to try and make it as a professional poker player. I am very happy that I did not make that desicion. I met the greatest women in the world who happens to be my fiance, and I would have almost certainly failed at being a pro. I bought a house with my fiance and have never been happier. I am just now getting back into the game. I love it, and can not wait to post about my play on here so that I can get advise on how to make my game better.

I look forward to playing with and chatting with as many of you as possible. I am making my first post right before I start the "Saturdays with dr. pauly" PLO tourney. Good luck on the felt with anyone who reads this.

Talk to you later.....
Grouse14

8 comments:

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

You have to read Drizz and Chad:

http://www.nickleanddimes.blogspot.com

http://pokeramarama.blogspot.com/

My final out said...

Thanks for the heads up rooster. I just started this blog as you can see. Nice to know someone actually read it.

BamBam said...

Someone else here !!!

Not bad for a first post !!!

An "A-Lister" and an EH- Lister.
That worth bragging about kid!

We start up the TuckFard Open at 7:00pm est. every Monday night.

Then the HORSE game starts at 8:00pm right after.

All on FullTilt.

Congrats on meeting the woman of your dreams. It's the best feeling in the world man. Remember it's always up to you, to keep that feeling going.

I also highly recommend these :

Waffles
http://sirfwalgman.blogspot.com/

Kat
http://pokerkat.blogspot.com/

Al
http://www.alcanthang.com/

Hell,

Go see the Poker Enthusiast..

http://thepokerenthusiast.blogspot.com/

Also great reads, and he has just about every descent blog listed already.

G/L and see you on Monday's when you get the chance.

F/T name???

BAM-BAM... BAM-BAM-BAM !!!

My final out said...

Thanks for stopping by with all of the info Bam-Bam. Unfortunatly all of the online poker that I am currently playing is on Stars. I opened an account on FT but can not figure out how to deposit money. Any ideas would be appreciated. I get jealous when I read about the blogger events and can not play any of them accept for Paulys tourney.

BamBam said...

I use Visa. Quick, simple and safe.

I learned from a good friend, to make sure you decide on one method of payment and stick to it. There's some clause about changing deposit info. that makes it take some time to actually get at your cash when you change.

If you're hanging around at 10:00 est and can fir up FullTilt, stop by the mookie and say hi to everyone.

Just go under requests, find a player and search for BamBamCan.

I'll be there.

Maybe I'll see you on stars to.
(same handle)

BamBam said...

Oh yeah and another thing,
Keep reading "The Rooster" too.

The kid does some pretty good work over there. Just don't tell him I said so.

My final out said...

Thanks Bam-Bam. I will definitly try and stop by tonight and rail you for a little while. I will be playing on stars tonight. My handle is Grouse14 on both stars and tilt,(if I ever get some money in there.) I will try Visa. Thanks.

OhCaptain said...

Welcome to the blogger world! Thanks for stopping by my blog. As for Full Tilt and doing a deposit. I think they have been experimenting with doing eCheck like thing over there. The eCheck on Stars worked well for me. I can't seem to get money up to Bodog either. Which sucks cause there is a nice tournament over there with an overlay from the site!

I'll read more. Drizztdj is from Minnesota. Also check out pokerfool.blogspot.com, he lives here in southern MN too.

I gotta read the rest of your posts.